Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ice Cream Pie that will change your life.


 
Ice cream is the most important food group. This is what I learn in college anyway. Luckily, a kitchen-savvy aunt of mine introduced me to this divine dessert which helps me get my daily dose of dairy. It was an instant favorite. I asked her for the recipe and she directed me to a magazine aimed at children ages 8-12 where she first found it. Basically it is the best deal ever- Martha Stewart taste, for elementary school effort! Plus, I honestly think it tastes like cheesecake.

Total Prep Time: 10 min
Ready In: 4.5 hrs
Total Cost: about $5.75 per pie

1 graham-cracker piecrust (10 inches/25 cm)
1 pint (.5 L) vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
4 ounces (113 g) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 package whipped topping (8 ounces/227 g), thawed
  1. Fill the piecrust with ice cream or yogurt. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
  2. In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in whipped topping.
  3. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the ice cream. Cover and freeze for 4 hours.
  4. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!
*Try different flavored pie crusts and ice creams for more fun! I’ve used oreo pie crust with mint chocolate chip ice cream before- so good!

Find the original recipe here!

No comments:

Post a Comment